Up to the actual May 2nd deadline to call a strike, the WGA and AMPTP made a deal on numerous points to avoid a potentially disastrous strike to Hollywood’s film and media industries. The basic issues resolved were:
- Minimums across the board — as well as contribution increases to our Health Plan that should ensure its solvency for years to come.
- Expanded our protections in Options and Exclusivity.
- Gains on the issue of short seasons in television, winning a definitionof 2.4 weeks of work for each episodic fee. Any work beyond that span will now require additional payment for hundreds of writer-producers.
- 15% increase in Pay TV residuals.
- Roughly $15 million in increases in High-Budget SVOD residuals
- Residuals for comedy-variety writers in Pay TV.
- Job protection on Parental Leave.”